The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Doing What Works

Posted by Seeking Solace |

After two months of trying ween off of my medication for depression/anxiety, My doctor and I concluded that the best course of action is to continue where I left off before trying to ween off. Although I was able to get through the brain zaps, which feel like static shocks, only inside your head, I just could not get enough of a serotonin boost with diet and exercise.  And, I had some anxiety producing events where I did OK overall, I still had some trouble with being able to dial down from high anxiety or deep depression.

OK...that's cool.

It would have been nice to get rid of one of the numerous medications I have to take for my assorted ailments. It does get expensive, even with health insurance. Also, I still have concerns about going through my PhD studies without it. At the same time, I'm glad that I did attempt to go off the medication. I know what to expect if and when that time comes.

 But, now is not the time. I am not sure if and when there will ever be a time that I won't need the medication. For now, it seems that the best course is to go back to doing what works.

1 comments:

AliceAcademic said...

There is something to be said for recognizing what is working for a certain time in your life. It doesn't always have to be that way, but at least you did a trial.

Subscribe