The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Coldest Time of the Year

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's officially the coldest time of the year in Elsewhere. Granted, people would be jumping for joy in Lake Effect Snow Central for temperatures in the upper 30's to low 40's in January, but here it's considered cold. Having lived here for 5.5 years, I can say that my blood has thinned out and I consider this to be very cold.

What this also means is that the RA is flaring up. Yesterday was a bad day. I had a hard time doing everything from walking to brushing my hair. I am pretty much useless on days like that. Rest, warm baths, rest some more are really the best and only thing to do, other than doing a steroid dose pack, which I only do when things get so bad that I cannot get out of bed. I have not used on in a year, and I don't want to.  I count my remission period in how long I go without a dose pack. I am moving a little better today, so I am hoping that this flare will pass.

Signs of spring start showing up around Valentine's Day. I'm hoping this flare will be way over by then.

0 comments:

Subscribe